Core Indicator - specified on the GRI Environmental Indicators webpage
’’Emissions, Effluents, and Waste’’ EN8. Greenhouse gas emissions. Edit
(CO2, CH4, N2O, HFCs, PFCs, SF6). Report separate subtotals for each gas in tonnes and in tonnes of CO2 equivalent for the following:
- direct emissions from sources owned or controlled by the reporting entity
- indirect emissions from imported electricity heat or steam
See WRI-WBCSD Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
- This is a definition of a probable architecture for an XBRL derived GRIXML data standard for the EN8 indicator.
- taken from the CraigVohra GRIXML v0.1 standard (launched Nov 1st 2005; Washington DC)
- This is designed to spark debate, about how best to architect the data standards for GRI based reporting.
<indicator name="EN8"> <dd>quantity</dd> <fid> <name>gas</name> <dimension>gas</dimension> </fid> <fid> <name>emittingEntity</name> <dimension>entity</dimension> </fid> </indicator>